MEXT Scholarship is the most prestigious scholarship for studying in Japan provided by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan (MEXT). MEXT currently offers 4 types of scholarship for Research Students, Undergraduate Students, College of Technology Students, and Specialized Training College Students.
- Applicants are required to submit all necessary documents from 13 to 17 July, 2020 as indicated in the below 2. Application Process.
- The Embassy of Japan wills shortlist the maximum of 80 students to the written examination for each category of scholarship based on the transcript and essay submitted by each applicant. The result of the shortlisted students will be announced on 3 August and 6 August, 2020 (for Research Student).
- The Embassy of Japan will hold the written examination on from 10 to 13 August, 2020 at the Embassy under the condition indicated in the below 3. Written Examination.
- The candidates who pass the written examination will take an interview examination in September, 2020 at Embassy of Japan.
- Due to the unpredictable situation of the corona-virus pandemic, the status of MEXT Scholarship is subject to change or cancels completely in order to ensure the safety of public health both in Cambodia and Japan.
- Application Process
The Embassy requires the documents listed below as the necessary documents for the application.
- Applicants are required to submit designated *application forms prepared by the Embassy for each category of scholarship and attach the necessary documents.
- Submission of application form does not guarantee student the seat to the written examination. The Embassy strongly advises applicants to check their eligibility, required documents and application form thoroughly before submitting.
- In cases listed below, candidates will be disqualified even if the Embassy receives the application:
- Candidates do not fulfill all the requirements
- Candidates do not submit all the necessary documents
- Candidates do not use the forms designated by the Embassy
- Candidates do not follow the deadline set by the Embassy
- Candidates submit more than one application form
- Applicants are advised to submit all required documents well before the deadline at either of these two different sites:
- Embassy of Japan in Cambodia Address: No.194, Moha Vithei Preah Norodom, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkar Mon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia Tel : 023-217161～4 Reception Hours : Monday to Friday, 08:00～12:00, 13:30～17:00
- Consular Office of Japan in Siem Reap Address: Sokha Palace Siem Reap Hotel, Road 60, Phum Trang, Sangkat Slorkram, Siem Reap, Cambodia Tel: 063-963-801 Reception Hours: Monday to Friday, 08:00～12:00, 13:30～17:00
- Written Examination
- Written Examination will be held at the Embassy of Japan on different date for each category to keep proper social distancing and air ventilation.
- Candidates will get their temperature checked. If it is higher than 37.5 degree, he/she will not be accepted to join the Written Examination.
- Candidates shall follow other conditions which will be released one week before the examination day.
- Benefits of MEXT Scholarship
MEXT Scholarship will provide the following benefits to successful candidates:
- Allowance: from 117,000 yen per month for Undergraduate Students, College of Technology Students, and Specialized Training College Students and from 143,000 yen per month for Research Students,
- Education Fees: Fee for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at designated school will be paid by MEXT,
- Traveling Expense: Transportation to/from Japan.
- Categories of MEXT Scholarship and Detailed Information
- For your references
- For more detail, please check the Official Page.