The MSc International Horticulture is part of the DAAD-EPOS-programme. Young professionals from developing countries and emerging economies with at least two years of work experience may apply for a scholarship. If you want to apply for a DAAD scholarship, please do not apply via the university’s online portal, but send your application via postal mail to the university only!
The following information is for the three english majors:
- Plant Production and Propagation,
- Plant Biotechnology, Physiology and Genetics and
- generally: 1st October of the previous year (e.g. 01 October 2020 for intake October 2021)
Application via Mail
Please apply by postal mail only to the following address:
MSc International Horticulture
Faculty of Natural Sciences
Leibniz University Hanover
Herrenhäuser Str. 2
30419 Hannover, Germany
Required application documents:
- MSc International Horticulture Application Formpersonally signed with current date
- DAAD Application Form(except for questions 10+11)* personally signed with current date
IMPORTANT: When applying for more than one postgraduate programm in the DAAD form (maximum 3 courses), please submit only one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific courses and why you chose that priority.
- Curriculum vitae (Europass CV recommended) ) personally signed with current date; there should be no periods without any explanation of activities
- Bachelor of Science certificate as certified true copy, preliminary accepted. (Please note: Your degree should not be older than 6 years)
- Transcript of records as certified true copy, preliminary accepted
- Motivation letter, personally signed with current date (see above, if you chose more than one postgraduate programme)
- Two letters of reference from your employer, signed, dated, including letterhead and stamp (not in a sealed envelope)
- Proof of sufficient language proficiency – level B2
- Certificate(s) of employment (two years of professional work experience at the date of application) in a horticulture-related area, signed with current date, letterhead and stamp
Application for the DAAD Scholarship is possible by postal mail only. Please do not staple your documents.
*Please note: Do not answer questions 10 & 11. Just state your preferred supervisor in the MSc Application Form. Do not contact your preferred supervisor in advance! All applications will be transferred to the stated preferred supervisors when selected.