Chulalongkorn University has established the Undergraduate Scholarship Program for ASEAN or Non-ASEAN Countries (CU UG Scholarship) to provide financial support to international students who wish to pursue their undergraduate studies at Chulalongkorn University. International School of Engineering (ISE) is pleased to welcome applications of CU UG scholarship in conjunction with admission to ISE program of AY2020.
Term of the Scholarship
Term of scholarship is not exceeding 4 years. The scholarship will cover the following items. 1. Tuition and program fees
2. Economy ticket from home country to Bangkok and return ticket upon graduation
o From ASEAN countries, the airfare must not exceed 8,500 THB
o From Asian countries, the airfare must not exceed 12,000 THB
o From Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Africa the airfare must not exceed 8,500 THBo From North America and South America, the airfare must not exceed 30,000 THB
3. Monthly stipend and accommodation in amount of 16,000 Baht
4. In addition the CU UG scholarship, ISE will provide health insurance to scholarship students.
Condition of the scholarships
- The term of the scholarship cannot be extended.
- The recipient is not allowed to defer the period of scholarship acceptance once the scholarship has been granted by the University.
- The recipient must submit a study report and study progress with the approval from the advisor to ISE and Office of Academic Affairs, Chulalongkorn University at the end of each semester.
- The recipient must have residence in Thailand during the scholarship period. In case of the recipient wishes to leave Thailand during the semester, he/she has to inform the University of his/her departure through the Advisor where he/she is studying and the advisor must give assurance that his/her absence will not interrupt his/her studies. Once the request is approved by the University, he/she will be able to depart. If his/her absence is more than 10 days, he/she will not be entitled to the living allowance for the month of his/her absence. The travel expense of personal purpuse will be borne by himself/herself.
Eligibility of applicant
1. Applicant must not be over 25 years old. 2. Applicant must be in good health.
3. Applicant must not be Thai nationality, neither do they hold dual nationality, one of which is Thai.
4. Applicant has completed (or expected to complete high school education) with the cumulative grade point average (GPA) for the latest 4 semesters not less than 3.5 (using 4.0 system)
5. Applicant must achieve the minimum score of the following proficiency tests.
- a) English: TOEFL iBT score not less than 80 or IELTS score not less than 6.0
- b) Mathematics: SAT Math and SAT II Math Level II score not less than 700 each
- c) Science: SAT II Physics and Chemistry not less than 700 each
Documents for scholarship application
1. Completed application form of the scholarship with a 1-inch photograph attached.
2. Curriculum Vitae and Statement of Purpose
3. Latest official transcript
4. Two letters of recommendations from instructors or advisors
5. Photocopy of passport
6. Certificates of the proficiency tests as listed in the eligibility of applicant 5a, 5b, 5c.
7. Certificate of health examination from hospital (can be submitted after scholarship notification)
Suspension and termination of scholarships
- The recipient is deemed to be seriously ill and not physically fit to carry on with his/her study.
- The recipient obtains GPA lower than 1.80 in 2 consecutive semesters.
- The recipient is absent from the class without notice or reasonable explanation.
- The recipient departs Thailand for over 10 days without the consent of his/her academic advisor and the approved by the University.
- The applicant must send the completed application form of the scholarship and submit relevant documents via email directly to email@example.com by March 30, 2020
- The applicant must apply the admission to ISE program on the Central Admission systemwww.cas.chula.ac.th/admission/ The application period will be during March 1-30, 2020.
- The qualified applicants for interview will be announced by April 30, 2020.
- Notification of decision of CU admitted applicants will be announced by May 8, 2020. The admitted applicants must confirm their admission during May 11-15, 2020.
- The selected applicants will be endorsed by the program committee of ISE and their scholarship applications will be forwarded to the Office of Academic Affairs, Chulalongkorn University for scholarship consideration and final decision.
- Notification of decision of CU UG scholarship recipients will be announced by June 30, 2020.The date of notification may be changed depending on the University.